We’re no experts on dating. Still the following dating and relationship tips for translators make sense:
1) Avoid the risk of making your date feel uncomfortable by insisting that all “conversation” be conducted in writing to allow for post-date editing and proofing.
2) Always request a 50% down payment from first dates. Don’t be shy about asking for bank references.
3) If a date questions your grammar or suggests an alternate wording at any point during a date it’s usually best to feign indignation and storm off without explanation. Thereafter don’t answer phone calls, text messages or emails.
4) Be aware that any discussion of a “per word rate” is likely to have a dampening effect on conversation over dinner.
5) Offer to go on a sample date of up to 500 words.