XLIFF Files for Articulate Rise 360 Translation
Articulate Rise 360 course text can be exported as an XLIFF (XLF) file, translated into the target language of choice, and then imported back into the course to achieve a translated course.
XLIFF (XML Localization Interchange File Format) is an XML-based file format created to standardize the way localizable data are passed between and among tools during a translation process and a common format for CAT tools (computer assisted tool) used by professional human translators. Use of CAT tools introduces many advantages into the translation process as they allow translator to recognize repeated text and thereby reduce costs associated with human translation services. Additionally CAT tools help to build in continuity and uniform treatment in larger volumes of text translation projects.
The Rise 360 translation process is described by the following steps:
- Make a duplicate of your course created in Articulate Rise 360.
- Export course text as an XLIFF file to allow the text to be translated into your selected target language.
- Initiate the translation process. To receive a quote for professional translation services from Affinity Translation you only need to attach the XLIFF file(s) and email them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a quote for translation services. Fees are determined based on the number of words, language, volume, and text repetition. Files can also be sent via our secure upload link: https://spaces.hightail.com/uplink/Affinity-Companies.
- After the translation and QA process is complete, import the translated XLIFF file back into the course duplicate.
- Finally translate buttons, tabs, and navigational elements using the built in settings function within Articulate Rise 360.
Articulate Rise 360 Translation Services